Saturday, July 5, 2014

Bali Holiday; Anomali Coffee Seminyak







My favourite coffee place, the corner shop in Jalan Laksamana Oberoi is temporarily closed due to the major renovation, that Iknow from the notice written in the wall. Ha, I've come down faraway from Bukit Jimbaran to have good coffee time like I usually do everytime I visit Bali. I decide to drive around Seminyak area to find other cafe when my eyes stumbled on a building just few metres from Corner Shop, the name written in a big block letter was "ANOMALI COFFEE". I've never heard this name before. I decided to stop and go in the building. 





Once I entered the buiilding, I directly fell in love with this place. It's a rustic style interior with big coffee grinder placed in the front corner that all open. Beside the coffee grinder, the sacks of coffee bean piling up in gunny sacks. The smell of coffee that spreading up in the room is like aroma therapy for me. The barista deck is placed in the center of the room joining together with the displays, cashier and the racks for the cakes. Some tables are lining backing the wall and some other higher long tables in the left sides are layed with the face to face lay-out. The walls are full of murals about coffee. It's a great place to escape with bunch of workload. 




The barista who acts as a captain in that coffee shop welcomed me warmly. He asked me whether I been in Anomali before. When I said no, he explain me a brief profile of this coffee shop. It's a coffee shop which serves a fresh own- grinded coffee on the spot which using local coffee bean from all over Indonesia. For you who live in Jakarta, this coffee shop has its brand in the city. 





Once I sipped my cappucino, I decided their cappuccino is as good as the one served by my favourite coffee shop in Jogja, Lagani Coffee. I always try either cappucinno or coffee latte at the coffee shop that I firsly visit. These two variants are my favourite ever. 




I ended up also buying a coffee tumbler as a souvenir from this place. I actually allocated that budget to buy a coffee tumbler from any Starbucks in Bali. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whaddaya think?