Saturday, May 12, 2012

My Bali Life; Breakfast with Style in Tuckshop Seminyak

Since I didn't have my camera with me, I took all the pics in this post from this cool blog; Crema and Crumbs. So, the photo credits are on him/her


Breakfast is one of the most important thing for my day. for me, good breakfast creates a good whole day. Anytime I visit my mother, it will be me who prepare the breakfast for the big family. What I prepared range from simple pancakes or the pancakes that i made by trying mixing this and that. And the last time, I made a pumpkin pancakes with the freshly picked pumpkin from my sister's garden. Preparing the breakfast is one of my "Joie de vivre".

When I was in my recent stay in Bali, I was addicted to 'breakfast around'. I and my friend tried several places for the breakfast around Seminyak and also Ubud. It started becouse the fancy budget hotel in Seminyak where we stayed for some days didn't serve the breakfast in the hotel package.

Riding the motorbike along the small street in Seminyak we tried to find the restaurant serving breakfast took us uncoincidely to a small place in the corner of Laksamana Oberoi Street and Kayu Aya street. Coming back and forth passing this street before, I never realized that this is a reastaurant. I wondered it was a boutique becouse what i see from Laksamana Oberoi Street are the display of fashion items. This place is more wellknown as Corner Shop wich is the name of the boutique, while the real name of the restaurant is Tuck Shop. It's a combination between cafe, deli, boutique and gallery.



Once we entered the restaurant, i was welcomed by the smell of coffee from the busy grinding coffee machine operated by two man beside the door. That smell somehow created a tranquil feeling on my soul. I always love the smell of cofee!


The interior is really fancy. Tables are situated among the manequinn and fancy clothes hunging with designed forms.I love the place more and more when I sat in the big table in front of shell that full of books, magazines, dayly newspapers and the display of some organic product like jam, coffee bean, and tea.

I was confuse which breakfast I wanted. All are tempting and mouth watering. I ended up taking the baguette sandwich, and Cappuccinno. Wow, it was a very big plate contained of baguette and two pieces of sadwich that I thought I couldn't eat them all. Both I and mr. Shine, was amazed when in the end we found my plate was clean!

What I like most from this restaurant is the atmosphere. You know what, almost everyone I saw was busy with their Apple stuff. See that man in the corner table near the tank top t-shirt collection! His cuteness improving some bars becouse of that Mac Book Pro. Dressing in a fade orange t-hirt, dark blue very short pant and flat make him looks georgous. And that ellegant expensive looks lady with her  new I-pad sitting with two men occupied with their Mac Book beside me just made me soooo jealous. It seems they worked on their business while having their breakfast. In the other corner, a group of mothers with their baby seems enjoying their gossip time.


This fancy place are commonly fulled up by expats who are based in Seminyak area. Therefore, just few locals can be found here.

I've pick this place as one of my favourite breakfast place in Bali. It's really reccomended place for you to end up your jogging in the morning or just simply the place to see and to be seen. and don't worry, you can have your breakfast even in the afternoon here becouse the restaurant serve the breakfast until 18.00. It's all day breakfast!

For me, I'll visist back this boutique resto with more preparation; good dress and fancy gadget!





1 comment:

Whaddaya think?