Thursday, May 17, 2012

Malang Berkebun 1# Melon and Sunflower

Meja saya hari ini. Kamboja dan Melati dari kebun belakang.

Saya baru sadar kalau hari ini adalah hari libur setelah semalam Mr. Shine bilang mau kabur buat Long weekend yang dia gabung dengan liburan. Instead of staying at home to celebrate the lazy time, I'm in office now, working on some work files and updating this blog. 

I was checking the small garden I made in Backyard and was very happy to see a melon tree bears a small fruit. 

My baby melon. Waiting to grow and ripe!

The sunflower start to blossom. Its bright yellow blossoms brighten my small garden, like sunshine. Together with fragrant yellow frangipani, jasmines and roses, they make the garden colourful. 


I started to do my old passion, gardening. Doing little things in this small garden always make me happy. Some nights ago, I and some colleague friends had a tea party. There were bunches of cake and big pot of tea in the real ceramic pot and ceramic cup I bought in Dinoyo, the central of ceramic industry in Malang. Perhaps, for you it's just a usual drinking of tea, but for me, I made it special by inviting friends to sit in the small garden backyard under the full moon. It's no longer usual tea drinking when you have nice conversation, laughter, and sharing. From that tea party, so many ideas related to our work popped up.  You just need a pot of tea to create a good moment so everyone comfort to talk and share their work problem. This is appliable either in work things or relationship things. You can try it with your friends!



2 comments:

  1. I am going to try sunflowers in our garden this year during the dry season. It is promising to see you have managed to get them to grow. Will let you know how I go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plant them without special treatment coz I was leaving them for bali for 2 months. When i got back, I found them blossom!

    You've gotta try them and harvest their seed for your stock:)

    ReplyDelete

Whaddaya think?