Sunday, November 3, 2013

Simple Box of Happiness 2; Enjoying the People

I'm writing this posting in the departure lounge in Ngurah Rai Airport of Bali after rushing from Seminyak in the slow running traffic. I acted as a manual GPS to lead the taxi driver finding the shortcut to the airport since both of usual way sunset road and Tuban are in the bad traffic. It's the first time I flew to and from Bali after the airport's major renovation to welcome the delegation of APEC conference that will be held in Bali next few months. My feeling is mixed between gloomy and excited. I'm excited because I will visit my mother's home and meet all the families. The gloomy feeling is because I have to leave Bali and wonderful people I've met.

I stayed two days in Bali in this quick stop by. I never get bored to enjoy Bali even though some friends get sick with the reason it becomes too crowded and commercial. For me, I enjoy Bali with my own way, a very simple way. I'm very happy just to walk along the beachwalk in the afternoon while watching people. I'm very excited just to ride the motorbike shirtless along the Pecatu area. I'm happy that I just need to wear nothing but surf shorts, no underwear. I also happy to jog along the beach while other people are enjoying their extra morning sleep that led by the holiday atmosphere.  Yes, it feels like every day is holiday in Bali.

Yesterday I finally made it to have lunch with David, a nice guy from Brisbane. At first we didn't seem to be able to have lunch together since the available time both we have was only enough for eating. What we wanted was having lunch and also conversation since we found that we have lot of things in common. Furthermore, I had to pick him from his place which is quit far from my place. We have agreed not to meet until I changed my mind. I said to him That I don't mind to meet even just for lunch. So, there were we in one of my favorite restaurant in Kerobokan, Litut. 

I love the ambience of the restaurant. Located in the middle of rice field, this rustic styled wooden building creates a tranquiling ambience. Our just-having- dinner turned out to be extra drinks with a very great unstoppable conversation. We talked about culture, economy, language, and of course about people and our life.

David just came back from around South-east Asia trip for total 6 months. What amazed me was how he managed his accommodation. Almost all of the accommodations he stayed in were the houses or apartments of friends.  It really reflects that he is the kind of guy who is warm and really easy to make friends. Yes, from the 3 hours of our interaction, I know that he is lovable guy. He has that kind of quality that attracts people to get close to him.


In the end, I have to separate with David that afternoon when his friend, Komang, a Balinese guy came to pick him up for the 'curhat session with him. Komang is passing hard time after the break up with his boyfriend and He needed David to tell his story. When we were standing outside the restaurant saying good bye, David pulled me to his arm and hug me tightly. I can see clearly that both of us wanted more time together but unfortunately we couldn't make it.  Dinner should be perfect time. However, that lunch meeting energized me and increased the bars of happiness in me. Dad will be very happy to see that I am animated like how usually I was. His animated happy boy is back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whaddaya think?